Thursday, May 26, 2011

Amazing workshops with Candy Rosenberg

******* UPDATE *******

Unfortunately we were unable to secure a booking for Candy as we didn't have the minimum numbers requrired. Sorry to those looking forward to the class.




Hello everyone,

I am very excited to announce we are looking to hold two workshops with the very talented Candy Rosenberg.

The following is taken from Candy's blog so you can learn a little about her.

"My name is Candy Rosenberg and I have been an artist since I was born, I was cutting paper the second I could fit scissors in my hand.  When I was first introduced to scrapbooking nearly 5 years ago now, I really did not take to it very easily.  It took quite awhile to get it figured out.  I remember walking into my first Creating Keepsakes Convention in Portland, Oregon.  I made the four hour trip with my 8 year old daughter  and when we first walked up to the convention area there was a roped off section of rolling totes.  I can remember looking at all the totes with stacks of other totes on top of them that went 4-5 feet high.  The first thing that came to mind was "are these women completely out of their minds"!
Little did I know that I would eventually join that group of crazy women!  I went one step further however as I started to find my niche.  I love to teach, I love playing with paper and making art and most especially inspiring others."

Candy currently is a member of the Graphic 45 design team and is a certified Graphic 45 educator.  You can visit her blog and see her creations for yourself.
http://candyscraps.typepad.com/
We are lucky enough that Candy has offered to do two workshops for us during our retreat on August 27th (that is the Saturday).
We couldn't possibly keep these workshops exclusively to our retreat attendees. So we invite you to come along and join us for a fantastic day of beautiful creating!

The cost of the day is $180 which includes, two workshops with Candy, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a $25 voucher to spend at the Scrap with Friends store. If you would only like to do a single class, the cost is $90 and that includes lunch and the workshop. Each class runs for roughly 3 hours. The first class will begin at 10am with the second class beginning at 2pm (attendees for the first class are asked to be ready to scrap at 9:30am and the second class we ask to be ready for lunch at 1pm).

We will be starting the day at 9:30am with a welcome and a cuppa. Then you will create an incredible dream journal called 'No Place Like Home' this will be a Basically Bare mixed media album using the new Graphic 45 'Wizard of Oz' range. We shall then break for lunch and come back to complete a heritage/ ephemera Album called 'Timeless Memories'  this will be a Basically Bare mixed media album using Graphic 45 Steampunk range.

As we will be at our retreat at this time, the workshops will be held in Mulgoa which is near Penrith. This is a 2.5 hour drive south from Maitland.

We are asking for expressions of interest now as class sizes are limited, we ask for you to respond asap. You can register your interest by emailing us:
workshops@scrapwithfriends.com.au


We look forward to hearing from you.

Scrap with Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment